Our understanding of sustainability extends beyond protection of the environment and incorporates our corporate governance, workplace practices and responsibility to the community.
These elements have underpinned our business for more than 80 years, though we have more recently developed a framework that will help us manage our performance to ensure our business continues to grow for generations to come.
Sustainability is integral to our core business objectives. To embed sustainability in our business and operations we are focusing our efforts on addressing the most material issues across our four sustainability commitments of:
- Responsible Facilities Management
- Sustainable Supply Chain Management
- Industry Leadership
- People & Community
Importantly, we are committed to sharing our vision and performance with our suppliers, business partners and shareholders. In this, our first sustainability report, I am pleased to share that we can demonstrate good outcomes such as:
- Increasing the amount of waste diverted from landfill from 43% to 71%.
- Our partnership with the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) to ensure our fish is being sourced sustainably.
- 447,816 touchpoints educating our consumers and customers.
- 86% Employee Engagement Score (AON Hewitt Employee of Choice Award).
Throughout this sustainability report, we place emphasis on transparency. We hope to accurately reflect our position and bring our customers, staff, suppliers and many other stakeholders, with us on this journey towards a more sustainable future.
Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director